KCP assisted in the investigation of numerous allegations of fraud, theft, accounting irregularities, mismanagement, and breach of fiduciary duty committed by the largest franchisee in a national chain of over 600 franchised units.
- Series of disputes between franchisor and franchisee who also happened to be partners in several significant joint ventures.
- Investigated allegations of accounting fraud, embezzlement, mismanagement, and breach of fiduciary duties in a hostile environment by reviewing accounting records and other business documents and interviewing key personnel.
- Uncovered grounds for numerous potential causes of action.
- Documented the possible diversion of funds, possible accounting irregularities, and possible instances of mismanagement.
- Obtained admissions from the other party of the creation of accounting documents outside of the normal course of business and the disappearance of other key documents normally maintained in business operations.
- Submitted affidavits in federal court supporting numerous pleadings, all of which obtained favorable judicial notice.
- Assisted in the mediation of the potential causes of action identified during the investigative phase of the engagement, resulting in the desired and a highly favorable outcome for KCP’s client.