Jacen A. Dinoff
Principal and Co-Founder
KCP Advisory Group
Jacen Dinoff is an experienced and highly-regarded corporate restructuring and turnaround management advisor with over 16 years of hands-on accounting, finance, management and operations experience that complements his technical expertise in bankruptcy case administration. Mr. Dinoff’s career has included engagements in financial and operational restructurings, asset divestitures through sale and liquidation, and senior debtor/creditor advisor roles for many well-known companies, both publicly and privately held.
Mr. Dinoff is a Principal and Co-founder of KCP, as well as the Chief Executive Officer, with oversight of all company operations and case assignments. Mr. Dinoff’s goal in co-founding KCP was to offer a single source of service to lender, investor, legal and corporate stakeholders seeking complete business solutions for companies in transition, reorganization or looking to improve operational efficiency and profitability.
Prior to joining KCP, Mr. Dinoff was responsible for the successful growth and development of the Boston office of a well-established, national turnaround and restructuring practice. While there, he developed a line of transaction advisory services for investors and lenders that provided a more thorough analysis of operations, infrastructure, assets and liabilities, and overall strengths and weaknesses of a potential transaction.
Mr. Dinoff has also spent many years as an independent turnaround consultant, providing management advisory services to privately and publicly held companies across many industry sectors, and has been engaged on projects for a multitude of well known turnaround firms. His more notable achievements in recent years include:
- The discovery of material misrepresentations of a leading, regional jewelry chain while conducting due diligence services on behalf of a potential investor.
- Company advisor and interim management for a publicly held manufacturer of solar-based technology products. Advised company through debt restructuring, capital raising and development of a viable business plan.
- Company advisor to a publicly held supermarket retailer and private label manufacturer. Chapter 11 filing with $11 billion in annual sales volume and $1 billion in debt.
- Company advisor on restructuring of $550 million in debt for the nation’s 7th largest, publicly held, propane distribution company.
- Company advisor on a creditor composition settlement for a retail furniture and jewelry chain with $200 million in annual sales.
- Company advisor to a publicly held operator of family entertainment centers in Chapter 11 with $325 million in debt.
- Company advisor to a leading manufacturer of gray and ductile castings and forged and machined components for the industrial and municipal markets. Restructured $420 million in debt.
- Company advisor to a manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the industrial, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries, in Chapter 11 with $220 million in debt.
- Company advisor to a leading provider of direct marketing and customer support services. Restructured $200 million in debt.
- Company advisor to one of the nation’s largest furniture retailers, in Chapter 11 with $430 million in debt.
Prior to his work as an independent consultant, Mr. Dinoff held a number of positions at Paragon Capital LLC, a partnership between The Ozer Group LLC (now Gordon Brothers), a leading boutique asset valuation and reallocation firm, and Foothill Capital, a subsidiary of Wells Fargo Bank. Paragon provided secured debt financing to small and mid-size retail and consumer product companies; specializing in expansion working capital for early stage and emerging growth companies before being acquired and becoming Wells Fargo Retail Finance.
Before joining Paragon, Mr. Dinoff was a Senior Financial and Business Analyst for Strategic Management Services, a Boston-area provider of strategic and tactical advisory services for financial and operational improvement, corporate growth and development, and the management of employee resources. His case activities included identifying sources of working capital and negotiating terms; integration of a new division to an established company; CFO-support duties including financial forecasting and budgeting; research and development of business plans for emerging companies and due diligence analysis for mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Dinoff holds a B.S. in Business Administration from the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire, and an M.B.A in Finance from Bentley College. He is a member of the Advisory Board for the DailyDac, a subscription-based deal aggregator focused on lower middle market, time sensitive situations that provides subscribers with opportunities to purchase or provide capital to non-public companies and/or their assets. Mr. Dinoff is also an active member of the Turnaround Management Association and American Bankruptcy Institute.
Articles by Jacen A. Dinoff
Dealing with a Troubled Loan in Today's Environment: Strategies and Tactics for the Traditional Lender by Jacen A. Dinoff & Jonathan P. Friedland
The Advisory CouncilKCP receives guidance and input from some of the most talented professionals in their respective fields.KCP ProfessionalsAt KCP, our professionals have decades of experience in public and private companies with financial distress ranging across many industry sectors and specialties. KCP MembershipsThe professionals at KCP are proud members and supporters of many industry organizations. Events ListingMeet the KCP team at these industry events. KCP ExperienceThe combined experience of our professionals covers many industry sectors and specialties.